5.18.2011

23 Weeks


Baby T should be about 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound 

My belly is defintely out there and its taking some getting use to. Lots of fun movement going on inside, its pretty cool having a little buddy with me at all times :). I finally got a chance to make it out to that Motherhood store my mom came along and helped me sift throught the many options got me some pretty sweet bottoms from the clearance, so many cute things that place could really break the bank. 
Ive been wondering so much about baby and being a mother and what the future holds for our growing family. 
Will i be able to bond with my baby right away or will it take some time? 
What will my "birth story" be?
What about breast feeding how will i know what to do? 
Will i ever fit back into those rad jeans i had to pack away at the bottom of my dresser?




How far along? 23 weeks

Sleep: mostly good its getting hard to rollover and switch sides. Im also having very intense dreams!

How am i feeling: A few rough days but mostly good, Good sleep and plenty of snacks are a must... lesson learned!

Total Weight Gain: 14 pounds(wow)

Food Cravings: none lately

Gender: ?

What i'm looking forward to: our first ultrasound and getting a peek at our little babe. Scheduled for tomorrow!

Best moment this so far: Feeling the baby kick mostly light little bumps but a few good strong ones. Aaron felt it for the first time last week it was an amazing moment. I'm thinking it's a little ninja! (Aaron thinks it's a soccer star though)

Milestone: Celebrating Mother's day as a "Mommy to be" such an honor. Im so thankful for my wonderful Mother and all the moms i get to spend time with and learn from. I am very blessed!


4 comments:

Denise said...

Rachel, being a mother is such a great honor & no experinece is nessasary. The mother instincts cone so natural. Breastfeeding is hard. I did it for 2 months with Ayden. He didn't latch on very well but I pumped ALOT! But every woman has different experiences. Don't think too fat ahead. Just think about the present. Enjoy all the moments you and your husband have as y'all get to watch the little one grow inside you. It is so AMAZING! I am so happy for y'all! You are going to be a GREAT, WONDERFUL mother!

Mrs. Tharpey said...

:) thanks cousin! Im so enjoying these moments its so hard not to wonder about the future tho!

Denise said...

Your welcome! And I know it is hard to not wonder but just try your best not to. Cause then it just worries you & the baby can sense that. You will be fine better yet GREAT! With your mom and grandma by you everything will be ok. Just have faith that you will do great. Don't worry!

lindsey brooke said...

yahooooo! sister, you are PREGNANT! :)
so-so-so-so cute :)